Wednesday, January 05, 2005

ollapodrida: Will Eisner, comic-book legend, dies at 87

ollapodrida: Will Eisner, comic-book legend, dies at 87: "Eisner 'had been producing comic books for 15-year-old cretins from Kansas,' he told The Associated Press in a 1998 interview. With 'The Spirit,' he was aiming for 'a 55-year-old who had his wallet stolen on the subway. You can't talk about heartbreak to a kid.'"
Yeah, I know I'm late with this, but let a guy mourn his heroes. And if you don't who he was, go find his Comics and Sequential Art for a glimpse of his technical side, or A Contract with God, in which he doesn't quite invent the graphic novel as we know it, but he sure as hell gives it a lot of the shape it has now. It's also the reason I'll be crying in my beer tonight, as much as I did when the Man in Black passed.

No comments: